We are very happy to be able to announce that the long awaited iOS release of Poltergeist has come to be! And not only that, iOS was the first operating system to enjoy the significantly upgraded v2.5 of Poltergeist with a host of improvements delivered by our tireless developers. In the following we will skim through the most important changes and feature additions.
Binance Smart Chain support
It is a by now public secret that our developers are hard at work integrating Phantasma support for yet another growing blockchain ecosystem — the Binance Smart Chain. While we are still in the process of testing the integration before Phantasma — BSC swaps go live, we have already integrated wallet support for the Binance Smart Chain. Hit that little button at the top left of your Poltergeist screen and you’ll find your existing BSC wallet — naturally using the exact same private key as your Phantasma, Ethereum and NEO counterparts to keep it simple for you.
Additional password modes — you choose
Several additional password modes have been implemented to provide additional degrees of user freedom. Gone are the days where you either choose to forego a password altogether or input it to confirm every single wallet action. You can now also choose the following options:
- Single password input when opening the wallet, no need to input password again to confirm actions within the wallet
- Master password mode: Require password only when launching the applications, one password for all your wallets, no need to enter additional passwords after launching the application
Please do note that we do not recommend lowering your wallet security through limiting the types of actions that prompt password confirmation.
However, we recognize that adding these additional options will improve the user experience and ability to choose a level of security that the individual SOULdier is comfortable with.
Seed phrase upgrades — one seed for all your wallets
We have upgraded our seed phrase handling to be MetaMask compatible to further increase the seamlessness transitioning between Ethereum and Phantasma wallets and blockchain usage.
Adding to this, a single seed phrase can now — through cryptographic magic and playing with elliptic curves — be used to derive an unlimited number of wallets. A new user will only have to securely back up a single seed phrase, regardless of how many wallets he or she wishes to create.
Recognizing that experienced, heavy users of the chain and of Poltergeist may wish to take a shortcut here and there, we have also added a time-saving simplified seed verification mode. To protect novice users this option is naturally turned off by default. To similarly protect users we have made sure that the account being created is not saved if the seed verification process is interrupted.
Create an unlimited number of wallets from a single seed phrase
- Instead of doing mandatory cosmic swaps while claiming Ethereum — Phantasma swaps, Poltergeist now uses existing KCAL in the destination wallet. This also applies to BSC — Phantasma swaps the second they go live.
- Occasional KCAL swap claiming error on Phantasma fixed
- Fixed ETH fee subtraction from the maximum allowed amount for intra Ethereum transfers
- Rectified multiple rare issues that would cause the application to stall
- …and more.
Enjoy the ecosystem!
The Phantasma Team
Community website: https://phantasma.info/
GhostMarket NFT marketplace: https://ghostmarket.io/
GhostMarket’s uMint: https://ghostmarket.io/mint
Leave A Comment